wiring question

To: list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: wiring question
From: "Henry, Mark" <mmhenry@cei.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 11:13:19 -0500
If I could deflect everybody's attention from the current debate for a
second....
I took off my dash so that the car could get repainted inside and out,
and also to restore the dash.  There were some jumbled wires here and
there and not everything worked.
Now, after looking at the wiring diagram provided by SPORTS IMPORTS for
a 67.5, I think that I hooked things up back to normal.  Until I tried
to start the car.

I can start the car with the the key--only after turning on the heater
switch!  And then it keeps running after I turn off the heater switch.
I  turn the car off by turning the  key over to start again.  After
running a while, the 20A fuse in the "B" slot, which normally pulls from
the starter motor and then goes to the horn relay breaks and shuts down
the entire car.
I recognize that the only ground in the system seems to be through the
heater system.  What ground am I missing?
Any clues on where to start looking?

Another question-- on the right hand side of the steering wheel housing
beneath the dashboard, there is a small little box with two wires--is
that the voltage regulator?  Or does the voltage regulator look more
like a flasher unit on the left side of the steering wheel housing?
Thanks.
 Mark Henry
Little Rock, AR