Re: Collector Car

To: Magic1910@aol.com
Subject: Re: Collector Car
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 19:17:48 -0700
> Hi Leigh!  FWIW, in my 25 years of Roadstering I think it's the "rice burner"
> syndrome.  That's not the only reason, it's just what I've heard muttered
> over and over again throughout the years.  But if you take that stigma out of
> the equation, then we are privy to a really neat secret:  Datsun made the
> best Roadster for the money back then - and Datsuns are still the best
> Roadster for the money!
> Greg

Yep, I'd agree. especially after our trip ot Detroit for Mr. K's
induction into the Automotive Hall of Fame. We visited several places
and Japanese cars were clearly second class citizens. And it wasn't just
the old American iron thing either. The European cars were well
represented and treated well, it was just the Japanese that weren't. At
the induction ceremony, first they mispronounced Mr. K's name (no it
wasn't all that hard and it wasn't the only foreign name that night)
then they left him off entirely (yes he was the only Japanese inductee
that night). The old Made in Japan stigma still holds to a small extent,
especially on older things.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher