Hot Rod Roadster Hits the Street

To: "INTERNET:Magic1910@aol.com" <Magic1910@aol.com>
Subject: Hot Rod Roadster Hits the Street
From: "Ehinger, Lee" <76245.1056@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:36:18 -0400
About 10 yrs ago I called on an ad in our "free advertiser" on a u20 and 5
spd.  Went to look at it and the valve cover was polished after the removal
of the raised letters.... according to the guy I was talking to it had been
in a roadster street rod. Had polished out SUs.  Never saw the car tho.
After his buddy bought the car with the u20 in it he decided it needed a
"real motor" - more impressive to look at, sound better and with a 4 bbl so
he did not need to fool with the carbs. Mighta been a take off of the car
in the mag...

He wanted $500 for both the engine and trans -  I turned it down.  Now have
several of each.

True story - made me wonder about someone building a roadster (car) with a
roadster (u20) running gear!!
Lee Ehinger
Ft Wayne IN
OROC