Whoo Hoo!

To: list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Whoo Hoo!
From: "Henry, Mark" <mmhenry@cei.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:22:34 -0500
I must be living right!!
I've been looking for a good condition 67.5 recently, as I already have
one that I've been trying to pull from the dead for seven months now.
That recent string about the 16 year old looking for a fixer-upper 2000
for $500 had me thinking about how much it would really cost to keep
this frankenstein project going.  Each time I read a message proclaiming
how much fun everybody was having with the top down, (and even worrying
about getting a sunburn during long trips!!) I would turn green.

Last night before my wife and me went to dinner with some friends,  I
looked down at the front page of the classified ads and read :"1967
Datsun car. Good cond. Call xxx-xxxx. $2000."
Curiously, I called.

It was a 67.5 1600 (with a 2000 drivetrain/5 speed)--for sale just ten
minutes away in the next town!  You may not think it amazing, except
that I'm in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I've never even seen another running
Datsun in Arkansas.  The owner had put major money in the engine,
tranny, suspension, brakes, and bearings.  It had been in storage for
two years, the guy was very motivated to sell, and indeed his Ryder
truck was out in the front yard because he was moving and was 99% packed
up to go.  Because my only competition in buying the car was the yard
boy offering $1000 in the form of yard work, I won with a fair amount
less-than-asking-price check.
Oddly, the same day,  the odometer on my own car turned 77,777  when I
drove up to see the datsun.

So today I've been dodging work as best I can and have put 60 miles on
it already, screaming around the local highways at 80.  I've picked out
the new paint color and will drop it off to be painted tomorrow so that
I can have it ready for my wife's birthday on July 7, as I had planned
seven months ago with my other one.  I was thinking of a metallic silver
with a slight hint of blue..
Anybody have any suggestions?
Mark
2 x 67.5 1600/200mod.