pop goes the MC

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: pop goes the MC
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 23:39:06 -0700
Hokay, gotta say,
        If your master cylinder is REALLY badly cracked, you should weld it up
and THEN add an extra brace.  From the description, it sounds like
Stan's brace takes a lot of stress off the firewall, but isn't a total
replacement FOR a firewall!  On the '70 parts car, the firewall had
cracked almost ALL the way around the cyinder- a brace on the bottom
bolt would have transferred load to the fatigued metal above the
cylinder, and probably caused it to let go as well.
        Two mounting points are better than one,
Toby