Re: coolant reserve tank woes

To: "Matthew W Peterson" <pete-3@juno.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: coolant reserve tank woes
From: "Robert Hewitson" <roberth@iaa.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:25:23 +1000
is the cap on the radiator a pressure cap - because it shoudn't be - the cap
on the reserve tank is the pressure one - on the radiator it should be a
blank cap - if they are reversed or both pressure caps the coolant can
expand into the reserve tank but cannot return to the radiator as the system
cools down  - hence a full reserve tank and lower radiator level ( it should
be full to overflowing)
regds Rob Hewitson