coolant reserve tank woes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: coolant reserve tank woes
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:59:11 -0500
Hi everyone

What does it mean when you open the coolant reserve tank when the engine
is cold and you get a spray of water from it?  I went out to check my
coolant level this morning and that's what happened.  I took off the
reserve tank cap first and I got a suprise spray of water.  The coolant
level is fine.  Shouldn't the coolant be sucked back into the radiator
when the engine cools?  What would cause coolant to be let in but not be
sucked back out?  I'll check the hose tomorrow on my day off.  Any other
suggestions?

Thanks alot,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600