Exhaust Manifold Plugs

To: "Bluebirds" <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: Exhaust Manifold Plugs
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:49:43 -0500
I'm sure I got this somewhere, but it's very safe because I can't find
it. What thread is the smog manifold fittings on the early L-series
manifolds? I think it's 14mm x 1.50.

I picked up a couple of the "good" early manifolds, but the flare nuts
around the smog tubes fell apart when I tried to remove them. And that
was after soaking the whole area in liquid wrench for a couple of days.
I'm going to have to drill/grind them out and then run a tap into the
hole to clean up the threads so I can plug them.

Thanks, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)