More towing

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: More towing
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:42:11 -0600
Hello all;  With all the threads latelyl about towing, I wanted to
comment.  I've towed both of my cars on a tow bar, seems to me the bast
way as you don't have the extra weight of a trailer.  Don't try to tow
on the front bumper it's play doh and so are the brackets.  My bar
mounts to a piece of 3"  channel on brackets just like the factory ones
only 1 1/4" by 1/4".  If you turn the steering wheel loose the car will
steer itself and follow you like a little puppy dog,  just don't try to
back it  as the wheels will cock the wrong way every time.  Behind my
old Ford pickup you'll almost forget is back there.  For what it's
worth.
                                       Bill     66&67spls in N.M.