Re: Hard stops

To: rulee@cityscape.net
Subject: Re: Hard stops
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:04:17 EDT
In a message dated 06/26/1999 9:18:56 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
rulee@cityscape.net writes:

<< 70 1600 runs good cruises at 4500 easy, I ran to Springfield yesterday
 for the VFW convention 70 & 80 most of the time runs smooth!!
 on a hard stop to turn in at The Crown Royal Engine died, took forver to
 restart. Not the first time but always on a hard stop. I think dirty
 gas tank. or is it Carbs???
 Russ Southwell 70 1600

Russ,
Here's something to check.  It could be vapor lock caused by the fuel line
being too close to the radiator or upper hose. Everything fine until you
stop, then the lack of airflow causes the heat to sink into the fuel line and
the fuel gets vaporized.

Had a similar problem with mine and moved the fuel hose about 4 inches away
from the thermostat housing and it went away.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque