Re: Hard stops

To: russell southwell <rulee@cityscape.net>,
Subject: Re: Hard stops
From: P or T <p-pie@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:33:20 -0400
I'm thinking you are probably right that it has something to do with the
carbs - perhaps they are dirty - with sediment in the bowls - and a hard
stop sloshes the crud into the wrong places and it takes a few minutes
of gravity to settle it down to the bottom again.......you're sure you
the engine is starved, and not flooded? I once had a '76 Capri with a
2.3L 4, that had, for a short while, a Holley 4 barrel, and when I
cornered hard to the right, it leaned out and sputtered, and when I
cornered hard to the left, it flooded, just from the fuel sloshing in
the bowls!  Anyway, I'd definitely start with the carbs.

Pete Long
'68 2000 Solex