Torn speakers! Oh my!

To: "roadster" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, "240" <240z-club@peak.org>
Subject: Torn speakers! Oh my!
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:28:36 -0800
Hey y'all!

Couldn't figure out what that nasty poppy-flappy noise was coming
from my stereo, even at low volume levels....  so, after suffering
for a few weeks, I finally took a look at the speakers (MTX 8",
approx four years old) - the surrounds were seperated from the
speaker frame all the way around!  Yikes!

I s'pose I really need to buy new stuff, but I hate spending
money....  anyone know if I could repair the speakers that I have?
Seems that I ought to be able to run a bead of silicone around the
torn edge to reattach the surround to the speaker frame, but I
might be nuts.  Anyone ever tried anything like that?

TIA,

     ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
_.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
|  _ |   |  _'@`, 69 2000, U20, shagadelic baby! - El Projecto
`-(@)------(@)-;  84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle 240Z tech info, Win95/8 theme, etc.

          "Experience is a crutch for the ingrained...."