English

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: English
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:46:13 -0500
To our friends from down under and other remote English speaking places,
Winston Churchill once said we are two countries(England and the US) separated
by a common language.

I think that can be said for all of the English speaking (sic) countries.  We
have things like SUV which may be unique to a country like ours that also has
soccer moms and cars with "road holding weight".

I do, however, take exception to the comment about our use of the language as
being any worse than any others. Afterall, it is not the USA that pronounces
beer as "beeah".  Nor do we often say "yah hay dare"  when trying to say
"hello".

There is not need to reply as I don't take myself seriously and you shouldn't
either.
Have a G' Day, mate.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-658-7074; Tieline - 698-9887
   Internal phonemail only  -  tl-348-4725 or 240-4725      pager pin#  8710561