Re: A possibly really stupid question.

To: "Alan Bent" <ajb@squirrel.com.au>,
Subject: Re: A possibly really stupid question.
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 99 17:39:02 -0500
> The question is this- On the Roadster list there has
>been several references to "SUVs". We have figured out that an "SUV" is
>a four wheel drive or something similar. What we haven't figured out is
>what the initials "SUV" stands for. Please tell us so we can end our
>debate.
As other list members have mentioned, SUV stands for the ironically named
"Sports Utility Vehicle" Ford Explorer, Chevy Suburban, Range Rover, etc.
 Here in Texas, a popular pastime is rolling them on straight sections of
4 lane divided highway. (Lord knows how they manage that) Generally
topheavy (hence the sport) with expensive leather interiors you're afraid
to sit in, let alone load up with lumber or horse manure (hence utility)
A blight on the American landscape (IMHO)

Marc Tyler
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
Boerne TX (Actually Sisterdale TX)