Re: Top Install

To: "Mark Dent" <stickerman@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Top Install
From: "J Friederich" <jfried@anv.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:52:40 -0700
Mark -

>I need tips on installing a new cloth top. The cheapest install price I
>found is $400, is it just easier to pay up?

I'd keep shopping.  I took mine (last week) to a large shop who does the
soft top work for the Cad and BMW dealers here in Las Vegas.  They have a
book they use to estimate cost (rate manual) and for my '69 it showed 6.5
hours (translated to $270).  He did a great job and only charged $160 as I
had the old top removed, everything cleaned up, etc.  Also, he felt really
bad he couldn't get the latches to work right (I'll mess with it this
weekend).  First time I've had a top on this car in 15 years - it makes it
look more like a toy <g>.  Hope you can find someone reasonable.

-John F.
'69 2L Solex