BBBBody work!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: BBBBody work!
From: IMPORT1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:13:50 EDT
Well, just finished about an hours worth of grinding on my 1/4 panels and now
must decide on what the hell to do about them! Both wheel lip areas have been
repaired over the years in a less than a professional manor. Although it
would be possible to improve on what is there I would much rather replace the
entire wheel lip area with new metal. I have seen several variations of this
repair on many different cars. What I would like is to keep the rear lip
"reasonably" stock looking as far as flare size goes. I would like to cut off
old lip area and replace with a new piece and only have a seam left to
putty.I used this technique on a hardbody truck with real nice results.(see
link) I took a front fender($28),cut off the wheel opening and welded it to
"build a rear wheel opening. I need some suggestions as to what I can use to
replace the roadsters with. Perhaps an early front fender lip? Anyone have
any?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all,
Jeff Smith
2000's
 <A