radiator pluged?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: radiator pluged?
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:33:00 -0500
Sorry to bother everyone again but...

the last two days i've driven my car with no overheating problems.
However the temp never got above 60 degrees those days.  What would cause
it to overheat when it's warm out but to show no problems when it's cool?
 A cloged radiator?  I don't know.  I have the thermosate out and that
didn't change anything.  I also retarded the timing yesterday since it
was pinging a little bit.  Could too far advanced timing cause
overheating also?

Has anyone heard of "Bars Leaks'?  It's a cooling system
sealer/lubricator.  Could that have pluged up my radiator?  I had a
friend tell me that it was bad stuff yesterday.
I think I'll drain out the coolant and try to run some water through the
radiator tomorrow to see how clear it is.

Thanks for all the responses to my distress calls :)  This list is great!

Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Zimmerman, Mn