Re: Starter Length

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter Length
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:06:39 -0700
To collectors of starter trivia,

The "long skinny" old style starter measures 8 5/16" from the front face
of the mounting flange to the end of the bearing housing.  The "short
fat" new style starter measures 7 5/16".  One inch doesn't sound like a
lot but it sure makes it easier to get out through that hole between the
fender well and the frame.
-----