'69 soft top fits bad - help?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: '69 soft top fits bad - help?
From: Kyle Hagemann <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:22:10 -0700
Hi all -
  El Projecto, my '69 2000, has another problem....

The top doesn't fit right;  Without getting too involved, the center and
right latches don't seem to want to click closed.  The driver's latch works
okay.

When I got the car, it was missing the stainless trim at the top of the
windshield frame; it actually worked better then - only the passenger latch
was on the fritz.

I got the trim piece and screwed it on, catching the top of the header trim
with the rear lip to hold it in place.

Can someone help me out with this?  I don't plan on my top getting a lot of
service, but it'd sure be nice to have it when it's needed!

TIA,

     ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond
 _.;(____\____    72 240Z, L28, 5spd, poly, etc. - The Z-Beast
|  _ |   |  _'@`, 69 2000, U20, shagadelic baby! - El Projecto
`-(@)------(@)-;  84 Maxima, 280ZX in sedan disguise - Mr. Max
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle 240Z tech info, Win95/8 theme, etc.

          "Experience is a crutch for the ingrained...."