Re: Hardtop questions

To: 9laser3@bright.net, owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Hardtop questions
From: Magic1910@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:04:40 EDT

<<  My questions:  Does anybody recognize it by the description to know who
manufactured it?
There were several after-market hardtop manufacturers, some of whom riveted
an ID plate on their tops.  Without an ID plate, its origin is anybody's
guess.
Could it be a Datsun factory top?
No.  Factory tops were smooth and paper thin and they also sat on the rear
bow rather than on the body as was the case with all of the after-market
hardtops that I know of.  (If you feel under your rear bow you might notice
an unused factory hardtop mounting bracket in the center.)
Any idea what it might be worth?
A nice, usable one will probably sell for about $200 plus/minus depending on
how much restoration it needs.  (Personally, I think they should be worth
more but the market disagrees.)
The Landau bar will look like a script font of a lower case letter f.  For
reference look at an early forties Lincoln convertible, a 60's T-Bird, or any
hearse.  ;-)
Hope this helps.
Greg
70 2000