Plates and names

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Plates and names
From: "Richard B. Chianese" <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 09:16:39 -0400
I have been reading the discussion about vanity plates for roadsters
with interest.  All I could think of was "DTSUN2K" which fits the 7
character limit just fine but violates the "letters then numbers"
restriction.  I really couldn't think of anything that was good with the
restrictions that existed.

On the same subject - My old roommate from college bought himself a
Porsche (cost more than the house he lived in) and wanted a vanity plate
for it.  All the obvious things had been taken in Pennsylvania.  The
plates all have a keystone symbol in the middle which tends to break up
any truly creative things.  I suggested something to him which he
eventually put on the car.  While waiting at traffic lights, he would
amuse himself by watching the people who pulled up behind him as they
tried to figure it out.  Here is what it said but I can't put a keystone
in the center.

   IX XI

And about names - One of my part time jobs is teaching graduate business
classes for a local university.  The director's previous position was at
the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta.  I'm sure that the
receptionist and operator got lots of flack about his name; Dr Clapp.

Rick Chianese
SRL311-14035
Orlando, Fl