Re: Plastic cleaner?

To: "Daniel" <daniel@seaport.net>,
Subject: Re: Plastic cleaner?
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 18:25:54 -0500
>I have heard some household item is great for cleaning plastic lens, like
>turn signals and brake lights.

Are you just cleaning, or do you want to polish out scratches? For
scratches you need a very fine polish. I have some that I bought at a
plastics supply place.  Made by Novus or somebody like that, I think.
Maquires or Mothers also might make a plastic polish that you can get at
an auto supply.

As far as polishing with household items, I'd think most of those would
be too coarse and might do more harm than good. Now that I think about
it, we used tooth paste to get scuff marks off the linoleum floors in Air
Force basic. Think about what we're doing to our teeth!<G>

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)