Re: non-Roadster question

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: non-Roadster question
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:51:07 -0700
Actually,
        (ooh, I get to second guess Tom) the countershaft itself fails, where
the bearings ride on it.  Then the bearings fail.  I've opened up
several, now, that had decent bearings but the shafts were galled and
troughed.  THe shaft just didn't make a good race. Too small, and too
soft.  The shaft actually costs more than the bearings ($32, 5 years
ago, and there are different styles for Porsche and BW synchros)
Hee hee
Toby