Re: non-Roadster question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: non-Roadster question
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Tue, 25 May 99 11:30:09 CDT
Uh, if that gearbox is behind a R16 engine... it is the same
one used on the 1600 roadsters ('66-'70).

Very common problem is two little needle bearings supporting
the countershaft fail. If caught in time (during a clutch
replacement), it is a $20 repair.  If left, and ignoring a
noisy transmission, it becomes a $800 repair. Ouch!

Closest parts house for folks in Washington State would be
Sports Imports.

http://home.istar.ca/~datsun