Re: Anyone on this list - Yes!!

To: <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone on this list - Yes!!
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:31:37 -0500
Well,

My Lotus is a 72 Elan Sprint.  But I've always wanted a
Seven.  And a Europa...   My wife says I can even have
a Seven - after the kids are out of college and we can
afford one...   8-)

But I do check the site every now and then when you
post an update...

As for the check engine light, I'm assuming you have a '96
or newer Explorer?  Then it has OBD-II, and you need the special
scanner to read the engine codes (no more "jumpering the signals"
to get the check engine light to flash the code).  It could be something
as simple as the gas cap no on tight (I had to replace the cap on
my '96 Ranger because of this), or it could be serious.

If you are in the Northern Virginia area, you are welcome to stop
by my house some weekend and we can plug in my Laptop based
OBD-II scanner and figure it out.  And I won't even charge you (let
alone charge you $150)...

Tim Mullen

///
///  chapman-era@autox.team.net mailing list