Help with Lotus Elan Sprint

To: <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with Lotus Elan Sprint
From: Reid Trummel <rtrummel@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:03:44 -0500
Hi all,

First of all, thanks for the responses to my message of a couple of weeks
ago regarding tire recommendations for my 1972 Elan Sprint.  I haven't
bought new tires yet, but I will soon.  (Still no decision on what to get; I
also have to consider what is available locally).

Anyway, as a very new Lotus owner I hoping that some of you can fill me in
on parts suppliers.  I joined Lotus Ltd. a couple of years ago in
anticipation of buying an Elan, and so I have seen the ads for the various
businesses that cater to these cars.  Seems that the biggies are:

--  JAE in Goleta, California

--  Dave Bean Engineering in San Andrea, California

--  R.D. Enterprises in Quakerstown, Pennsylvania

(Have I missed any?)

At this point what I'd like is some advice -- pro and con -- on these
suppliers.  Any of them any better than the others?  Price?  Knowledgeable
staff?  Reliability?  I realize that such matters may be a bit sensitive and
so please send me a private response or even an anonymous note:

Reid Trummel
PO Box 19085
Tampa FL  33686

My Elan Sprint is scruffy but runs good, although it has been very little
used for many years.  Therefore I'm anticipating lots and lots of little
projects and consequently the need for lots of lots of parts here and there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Reid