Tire Recommendation for 1972 Elan

To: <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire Recommendation for 1972 Elan
From: Reid Trummel <rtrummel@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 22:57:19 -0500
I am a new owner of a 1972 Lotus Elan Sprint.  So new, in fact, that I drove
it for the very first time just today.  I'm looking for recommendations for
tires.  The car has the original wheels, and I plan to use the car only on
the road (no racing or autocrossing, etc.).

Is there any particular brand or model that is generally regarded as the
best tire for these cars?

If you yourself have such a car, what tires do you use?

I'm not overly concerned about originality, although obviously we can't
stray too far from that given that the car has the original wheels,
clearances, etc.

TIA.

Reid Trummel
Tampa, Florida