Re: '62 Seven Wheels

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '62 Seven Wheels
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 05:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve,

I pretty much listen to as many opnions as I can get,
then just do my own thing knowing that I've made an
educated decision!

As I understand it, the Seven was designed to run on
3.5 inchers -- particularly the S2 which has the
lightest (read most delicate) frame. I cringe every
time I corner it hard, waiting for a tube to snap
because of the extra load the 6.5's are placing on
frame and axle too (which has already been cracked,
repaired, and reinforced.)

The promo materials on John Watson's web site show
photos of the Seven S2 wearing the wide slot Triumph
Herald wheels. My Triumph GT6+ has 4.5's which fit,
but I still think I'd like the narrower Herald ones!

Thanks for the tip on the tire spec... I'll watch for
round shoulders. Can I find those Avon tires in the
US?

Thanks,
John D

http://photos.yahoo.com/