My New Seven

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: My New Seven
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 05:12:25 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings all,

well, I bought the Seven "B1135", and am still a
little light headed after driving it home, about 100
miles.

What a blast! I haven't even had a chance to really
examine that darn frame number... too busy having fun
with it. But i do have a coule questions that perhaps
some of you Seven conoscienti could help me with...

1) The speedo seems to read about 10 mph higher than
actual speed. I figure this is related to the "mod"
wheels/tires, but I wonder if 15" wheels might have
been original on this car, an dif this would bring the
speedo back in line?

2) What should redline be for a 948cc BMC engine that
seems to be in pretty good shape?

3) What's the best way to seal the couple of tiny
coolant leaks in the top tank of the radiator? Is that
aluminum too?

I promise to take more detail photos and post them
online, and look forward to digging up and sharing the
backgroun on my little piece of "Chapman-era" history!

Cheers!

John Donohoe
'62 Seven 1135 Lotus
'70 GT6+ KC81718 Triumph