Lotus VIN plates

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Lotus VIN plates
From: Steven Shipley <shiples@home.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 21:19:04 -0700
DWhitesdJr@aol.com wrote:
>So far there must be five
> different plates before 1964: Lotus Engineering, Lotus Cars, Lotus
> Components, Lotus Racing and just plain Lotus.
>
> David
Okay, Lotus Engineering plates must be the very earliest right?
I think I've seen old ads where Chapman was selling a used
MarkVIII and the company was Lotus Engineering.  This is
Hornsey?

So then they move to Cheshunt and we have Lotus Cars and Lotus
Components.

I'll just take a wild guess (and hope to be corrected) that
Lotus Racing shows up a bit earlier, around the 12 or 16
when Chapman began to race outside England?

And you've stumped me again.  What vintage would a plain Lotus be?

Steve Shipley
Seattle, WA