re: VIN plate

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: re: VIN plate
From: gene.carter@grassvalleygroup.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:58:28 -0700
Flemming,

I've got a note in to John Watson on our cars.  My car was originally
shipped to a Lotus dealer in California as an order of three cars.  Because
they were all right-hand drive, they were probably bought in to be race
cars.  Hopefully John can tell us whether your car was one of the three.
Perhaps they really were brothers!  I also asked him about the chassis plate
details.  I could be out in left field about Lotus Cars versus Lotus
Components.  My memory can be poor at times.

I did find in the Jeremy Coulter book that SB1000-SB2101 were produced in
Cheshunt.  SB2102-SB2310 were produced in Hethel.  The chassis plate should
reflect that.  John, maybe that helps out a little on the car/chassis plate
in question.

Gene