Re: Fiberglass shop in South Bay LA Area?

To: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass shop in South Bay LA Area?
From: Tim.Mullen@trw.com (Tim Mullen)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:49:36 -0500
"Erik V. Berg" wrote:

> Anyway, if anyone else is interested, I've found a couple
> body shops that do fiberglass work in the Torrance / beach
> cities area.

Erik,

I know nothing about the shops you listed, but...

Make sure that what ever body shop you use is familiar with
Lotuses.  Not all fiberglass is the same, and just because a shop
does fiberglass (i.e. Corvettes) does *not* mean that they can do
a good job on your Elan.  As for the differences, Lotus uses
'glass that is relatively thin (thicker where needed) that
actually carries stresses, whereas most other 'glass cars use a
strong frame and a relatively thick unstressed body...

Talk to the shop, and make sure they know the differences before
you let them touch your car...

Tim Mullen

72 Elan Sprint