Re[2]: Brit GP

To: rodbean@ix.netcom.com, Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re[2]: Brit GP
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 98 05:22:56 PST

Derek Harling wrote:

>Just a thought - but isn't this just another example of how we have
>lost our way in western civilization? We used to believe in meritocracy
>and it made us great but now we have to scale down to average Joe and
>we are losing our way.
>Oh well - the Greeks and Romans did it before us.
>Hope I can sleep well tonight.
>Derek

Your concerns are certainly shared by me.  We see it everywhere.  I guess it's
up to each of us to fight the trend by setting high standards anyway and
appreciating greatness even as others may give up and accept mediocrity as the
best they can get (a certain drive train arrangement come to mind  ;-)   ).

Rod (on life's escalator toward the "common denominator"... I thought communism
had been defeated)