Re: Re[6]: tire pressure

To: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Subject: Re: Re[6]: tire pressure
From: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 21:09:43 +0200 (MET DST)
> If the wheels are wide enough with respect to the tire width, to have a
> stiffening effect on the sidewalls, you could use less pressure.  Also,
> you may find, if you have very wide tires, that any one tire doesn't carry
> a lot of weight and therefore wouldn't require as much air.   But 18 is
> quite low.
Yes, my father has now set the car up with 26 psi at the front(but still
18 at the rear). He says the steering is now much more crisp :)
I think we will do some tuning when I go home after my last exams.
I will print out all the advice you and other's here has given me, and let
him(my father) read it.

> Have a nice weekend.  I'm leaving work now.  I plan to get my Elan driving
>fix
> tomorrow by going somplace.  Hope you two can do the same.  :-)
I guess my father has got his "driving fix", but not me. I have to stay
here in Oslo to read for my two last exams. But in one and a half week, I
am finished and will stay home for some days and drive a LOT(US) :)

Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>