Re: Seven List

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seven List
From: Keith Gustafson <gusmach@shore.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 12:59:59 -0500
>Similar comment to the above... except the S2 Seven came with 6 or 9 inch
>wings. The 6 inch wings are not available from Caterham. I'm not sure about
>the 9's, but last time I checked only 11's were being made.

Chris T. says he can get me the 9's

>I used to run 9's on my S2 with a Ford axle, but anything wider than
>5.5 inch wheel with a 175 tire will stick out (much depends upon the offset
>of the wheel. I'm assuming the deepest backside wheel measurement
>possible).

that's good to know, I see that a small leak has developed on my rear axle,
an ominous sign... I may need to udgrade at some point and prefer the look
of the  9 inch

The Caterham nose is completely different. It's about 2 inches
>shorter and taller to clear the radiator hose and swirl tank - and requires
>a bonnett change - longer with Caterham louvers. The Caterham nose is
>squared off below the grill opening to accomodate a license plate.

I think that they will sell repro parts, they carry a proper bonnet for the
cosworth cars, the little scoop and everything, so I don't think they are
the taller type.

>Final comment/question... are you intending to reskin the car yourself? Are
>you familiar with forming aluminum?

Hell, I'll try anything twice! Seriously, I have access to some people to do
whatever difficult forming needs to be done, welding etc.

Keith