Re: sevening

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net, gusmach@shore.net (keith gustafson)
Subject: Re: sevening
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 97 06:04:55 PST8

gusmach@shore.net (keith gustafson) wrote on
Date:    9/29/97 6:27 PM:

Keith,

>Hey, all you guys who don't have a seven, get one! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

So nice to hear the praises of "traditional" Lotuses sung for achange (Caterham
of course included)... a joy many of us have felt for years.  I understand
perfectly.

>The necessary chassis mods for durability are pretty well documented, but is
>there any list wisdom on other durability mods? How about drivability

Assume you have a Caterham but if not, a Cortina diff. is a commonly done
replacement for the Triumph 10 diff.... more available, stronger, etc.

> imprvements? This is going to be my wifes car, and I would like to get it
>well sorted before I send her out into  the real world with it.

Wow!  I can hardly wait to tell my wife!  Of course she's got a Miata with
suspension mods so she does understand.  But a Seven!  Great.

>Oh, one more thing, any idea what my [non original] block is, the number on
>the left side of the block starts with 120.

Sounds like a crossflow Cortina to me.  Commonly-used and a good, reliable
engine.

     Rod Bean