Re: Getrag Gears North Ameri

To: "Babcock, Phillip" <Pbabc@aol.com>, chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Getrag Gears North Ameri
From: "Erik Berg" <Erik.Berg@trw.com>
Date: 11 Feb 1997 01:49:17 -0800
 Reply to:     RE>Getrag Gears North America

Hi, All.
Tim Engel wrote:
> BTW, the e-mail has been strangely quiet.   Like...  nothing.

You definitely need to get subscribed to chapman-era.  You must not have
received the proper chapman-era info yet, somehow?  Are we still having
problems with individual addresses?

Also, please, Brian, David, Michael Sands, and Tim Mullen, if you get this
message could you either:

1)  Subscribe to chapman-era       <or>
2)  Send me a direct response, indicating whether or not you are still
interested in the gearbox group / early Lotus list.

Thanks, All!

        subscribe chapman-era

This will subscribe the account from which you sent the message.

To verify that you're subscribed, send the following in the body (not the
subject line) of an email message to "majordomo@autox.team.net":

        who chapman-era

The autox.team.net Majordomo will respond with a message telling you all the
accounts which are subscribed.

Once you've subscribed, send all mail for the entire chapman-era list to:

    chapman-era@autox.team.net

        help

Tim E, you also wrote:
> Is that reality, or do I need to be doing something to get more into the
> mainstream?

Hey Tim, you're solidly in the mainstream, in my opinion.  But I think everyone
will be taking a while just to catch their breath, following that message!  I
haven't even finished digesting it yet, but when I do, I think I will know
about
twice as much about Getrag gearboxes as what I know now.

THANKS  DUDE !!

Also, I'm really quite pleased, about the notion of getting someone on our list
who actually has actually done the rumored Elan / Toyota 5 speed conversion.

Big time deja vu here... I *also* talked to Ken, at DBE, around the beginning
of
January, regarding the Toyota Elan conversion and who was the instigator
(So, I guess it was Phillip!) but Ken did not have the contact info available,
at
that time.  I was supposed to call Ken back, but I had not gotten around to it.

OK, Philip, needless to say....  you're also invited to join our chapman-era
mailing list!

>  87 MR-2 (everyday pseudo-Lotus)

That's a MkI MR2, right? FWIW, one of *my* personal favorite machines.  I
think it almost deserves the title "honorary Lotus" rather than
"pseudo-Lotus".

More later...
erik.berg@trw.com