heater control knobs

To: "TR8 List" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: heater control knobs
From: "jay snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:44:43 -0500
I have been watching the heater control knobs on ebay for some time.  The
only ones ever being sold are the up/down arrow ones, that are also
available from TRF (at lower costs).  The AIR/VENT ones are never for sale,
and are not available from TRF or other vendors, AFAIK.

This has led me to think of modifying the up/down arrow ones by sanding off
the markings, polishing the surface, and having my local engraver engrave
the lettering, and then fill it with white paint.  Should pretty well match
the originals.  My question is -- Has anyone tried this?

///
///