Re: Electric Water Pumps for the BOP/Rover engine...Do they

To: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Subject: Re: Electric Water Pumps for the BOP/Rover engine...Do they
From: "R.J. Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 07:28:19 -0600
Sean,

It really isn't a problem. There was one on ebay a couple of months ago and I
asked
a few questions. It was a black anodized "cover" plate that covered where the
old
water pump went. A Moroso electric pump was mounted to that and all fittings
were
cut and welded into the blank plate. Just make a paper/cardboard pattern from
the
pump you now have and go for some 1/4" aluminum. It should be a fairly easy
fabrication. I'll be doing one this spring for my TR8.

Bob Denton

BigOldWumper@aol.com wrote:

> I know there are some companies out there that make "remote" electric water
> pumps that will fit any engine, but does anyone know of a manufacturer that
> makes an electric water pump that mounts in place of the mechanical pump on
>the
> BOP/Rover V8? Companies like CSI and Moroso make various different electric
> water pumps made specifically for different engines, generally big and small
> block Fords, big and small block Chevys, and big and small block
>Mopars...Anyone
> know of any companies that do this for the 215? How about one made for the V6?
> Any electric water pumps made especially for the V6? If so, would that fit the
> BOP/Rover V8?
> -Sean

///
///