T-5 to Rover V-8; S-10 tail housing

To: jonaxt@pacifier.com
Subject: T-5 to Rover V-8; S-10 tail housing
From: jon <jonaxt@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 09:57:47 -0800
I got into the conversation regarding fitting a T-5 to the Rover. What
are the problems? What parts are used: bell housing, 3.9/4.2
block/crank? Why a 3/8" spacer? I'd like to fit a 4.2 in place of my 215
Olds, but not too eager to cut up my present engine and transmission
mounts. By the way, do people know that the S-10 tail housing will fit
up to the Camaro box, moving the gearshift forward and eliminating the
tilt and getting the better Camaro gears and layshaft bearings. You do
need to accomodate the new position for the speedo gear; maybe the S-10
output shaft will fit, but I just built up the Camaro shaft with Devcon
plastic metal and turned it down to accept the worm gear. I also make a
small adjustment to the oil level, probably nit picking. Jon