Re: Rover blocks

To: "Susan and John Roper" <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Subject: Re: Rover blocks
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 17:23:27 -0400
Larry Hoy wrote:

> John, your reply was regarding the 8-10 pound oil pressure at idle,
> what would be the typical pressure at driving speeds (2000-3000 rpm)?

> Larry hoy

Hi Larry,

Your warm engine oil pressure at 2400 rpm should be 1.9 to 2.4 bar
(28-35 lbs).

I have raced my engine for some time and never found the need for higher
oil pressures (though there are plenty of mods elsewhere). If you want
you can fit a MG V8 pressure relief spring for an extra 20 or so pounds
but it won't do much and can cause problems.

Lorne
1984 Morgan Plus 8
Vitesse EFI 3.5