Re: 215 FI recommendation

To: Glen Wilson <rovercar@home.com>
Subject: Re: 215 FI recommendation
From: "Lorne M. Goldman" <lmg@gomog.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:06:35 -0500
Hi,

It is a good idea to note that are different Rover EFI systems.

As I understand it, the pre-Vitesse (late 1983) EFI systems were
designed for the US and Australia in 1980 with emissions..not power in
mind. It was called the "Federal" system and is characterized by a much
smaller flatish brown one-piece plenum chamber with limitations on the
performance it can produce..

The first Rover "standard" EFI was the "flap" airflow meter type (Bosch
L-Jetronic) with a Lucas ECU (late 1984 to 1986)..it was not normally
exported to the US. Then came the the hotwire airflow meter type (1986)
and this WAS sent to the US....with some added sensors and a lower
engine compression.

Each system has different limitations.

Am I wrong here? Are we talking of the US "Federal" systems or the big
plenum Rover standard systems?

Lorne