Re: <WTB> Buick 215 piston

To: "Ken Cory" <kcory@accessnv.com>
Subject: Re: <WTB> Buick 215 piston
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:57:00 -0800
3/29/00

Ken,

        The main U.S. manufacturer of stock replacement pistons for the
Buick 215 engine is United Engine & Machine in Carson City, Nevada.  The
brand name is Silvolite and the catalog number for that piston is 1718.
They are available in std. +020", +030", +040", & +.060".  It is supposed
to give 8.8:1 compression ratio with the +.030" bore size.  They also make
a high compression ratio version (9.6:1) (No.9598) but I have heard they
are nearly impossible to get.  There may be other suppliers as well but
this is the main source I know of.  Check out the complete catalog on their
website kbsilvolite.com.

Cheers,

Dave Kernberger