Re: Flap type injection & camshafts!

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flap type injection & camshafts!
From: Lee Shepherd <leesonic@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 02:16:25 -0800 (PST)
--- Pete <Pete@brackenbridge.in2home.co.uk> wrote:

> It's the first time that I have spoken on this list
> and I'd just like to see
> if there is anyone who can advise me on camshaft
> selection for my V8
> injection.  I have a standard camshaft in at the
> moment but there is no
> 'real punch' so would like to change it if I can.
> The engine already has
> mildly flowed heads, ARP studs on main caps, heads,
> inlet & exhaust, Cloyes
> double timing chain, hi-rev lifters, tubular
> manifolds into 2 x 2 1/2 in
> exhausts & a K&N air filter.

I have a Viper Typhoon camshaft in my car, and can
highly recommend it. I've found there to be no real
loss in low down torque, but it really revs,
especially if you've have the bottom end all balanced.
The specs of my car are similar to yours, except I
have a Holley 390 carb and P5B exhaust manifolds
(needed to clear the Capri steering coupling).

=====
Lee Shepherd
1981 Mk3 (3.6 V8)
1970 Mk1 (2.1 OHC)