Buick-Leyland

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buick-Leyland
From: Gregory72@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:51:21 EDT
Hi Gents
     Now all of the original Roverheads may remember my P76 stroker project
that was more like a dream than anything.  Well.... I've once again
tentatively begun a little work on it.  The original machine shop in my area,
Nelson's Machine in Boston, is history.  Sorry Jan.  The main man retired and
apparently took the business with him.   Today, I found another place... and
I'm in love!  The place is Lundin Machin in Burlington Mass.  A little Pop and
Daughter outfit (That's right!  Just like in "My Cousin Vinny!).  This guy has
a flow bench, boring machine, you name it.  On my stop in today, I caught the
daughter boring a Chevy small block.  Anyway, I explained what I wanted to do
with the Buick 350 crank.  We had a very good chat.  REAL knowledgeable guy he
is.  He asked me to drop off a head (Buick 300) to see if the ports could
support a motor with that much stroke.  He's going to do a flow test.  His
point: Just because it CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD be done.  Anyway, I
dragged out the block and crank from out of the garage and took a few pix of
the mock up.  Anybody wants to check it out, I'll send it to them when I get
them developed.  Send me a message.  Can't bomb the list.  Maybe next year,
I'll have it done :-)  Also, the best price I'm getting for a sleeve job is
$1000.  That includes decking and align boring and pressure checking.  What's
Phil Baker chaging these days?

Greg