Re: Gas Tank Slushing Compound

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Slushing Compound
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:17:15 -0400
At 08:07 PM 9/28/02 EDT, GHaynesTR4@aol.com wrote:
>After about 4 years, the slushing compound in my daughter's MGA gas tank is
>loosening and plugging the fuel filters and lines with little bits.  Does
>anyone know a remedy for this problem, or must I replace the tank?
>Thanks for any advice!

George,

The old method was to put rocks in the tank and shake it.  Lately, I've
been taking my tanks to local radiator shops and having them hot tanked
and lined.  Also have had drain plugs put in several of my non LBC tanks.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org