Re: rental comp...cars in the truck bed

To: "British cars list" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rental comp...cars in the truck bed
From: Fred Talmadge <fredtal@industryinet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 15:50:08 -0500
Isn't the legal issue is that you are carrying around "hazardous material"
in the form of gasoline and oil?  What would happen in the un-likely event
that a truck weigh station decided to inspect your cargo?  I don't want to
be politically correct or suggest there is any real harm in doing this,
just that well maybe...

Back to the original post...I find it hard to believe that a U-Haul car
trailer couldn't carry a heavy American car.  Those things are massive!

Fred
www.96trees.com

> > If you're planning to put a car in a truck just be careful you don't tell
>the
> > rental place what you intend to do.  I was planning to transport my 80
>Spit
> > that way...did all the measurements and determined it would fit into the
> > medium-sized U-haul truck no problem.  But those trucks are only equipped
snip