Re: [lotus-cars] can someone in the UK pick up an Elise part

To: <lotus-cars@yahoogroups.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [lotus-cars] can someone in the UK pick up an Elise part
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:11:15 -0500
Seen on the autocross mailing list:
=============
1967 ASP Lotus Elan - former Charlie Cave ASP car. Includes five sets of
wheels, fresh engine. $16,000. Contact soloist2@rmci.net.
=============

Don't mail me about it.  I saw Charlie run it at Nationals in 1996.  Quite
fast.  The innards of the engine should be stock.  Dunno what they have done
to the intake/exhaust, but you can bet it was well-researched.  There are
well-done flares to clear the wide wheels, which I expect are 8" wide.
Dunno where it is located, but presume it is in the USA.

If you want a quick ASP Elan, buy one like this, don't waste your money
trying to develop your own.  If I had anything resembling money lying about,
I'd look at this for sure.

"Kids haven't lost the feeling that the sense of wonder is more important
than wondering what makes sense.  And if that doesn't define what it takes
to like British cars, I don't know what does." -Scott Fisher