Triumph TR3 Project for sale in Missouri

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Triumph TR3 Project for sale in Missouri
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:53:47 -0400
I have had email conversations with the seller of this vehicle/project.
(NFI - looks like a very good project for someone)  Those that have been on
the list for more than 3 years will remember that this is very similar to
the project that I bought.  In fact it sounds like it is further along than
mine.   I wish I had the $ to grab this one - but - one at a time will have
to do.

Full Description:

"This is a 20 year collection of cars and $3500.00+ in new parts. 1960 TR3A,
commission number TS76829LO, disassembled, restoration started. Frame was
been sandblasted and painted many years ago, so is in good shape, would
needs a little touch up. You would want to rebuild the front suspension as I
have the complete kit, and new lower trunnions. The engine is on stand
(included) partially assembled. Has new Hepolite 86mm pistons and liners,
bearings, crank was checked and balanced. Will probably need to disassemble
as it has been in storage for some time. Head was rebuilt but will need to
be cleaned as has been "moused". Car originally had overdrive transmission
but was in a box when I purchased, the car does include two transmissions.
Body is in good overall condition, rust thru driver floor, rockers, and
driver fender. Have new floorboard, and rocker panels. Includes extra
fenders, hood, etc. Car was originally White with Red leather interior. Have
original STEEL hardtop, not in the greatest shape, but have trim around
doors, no back window, has been sitting w/o paint many years. BONUS - TR3
parts car - body tub was wrecked but includes engine, transmission, and
extra parts. MANY, many new parts from Roadster Factory. Includes leather
interior, complete exhaust system, new hinges, NOS parts, wiring harness,
any rubber part that was available at the time. Everything that I felt was
needed to complete the restoration, except the soft top.  Bring a big
trailer! 1960 TR3 has clear title, parts car has wrong numbers, so is not
valid."

Serious inquiries only.  Owner is moving away from vehicle but storage has
been arranged.   He figures he has about $8,000 in the project and it
probably can be had for $4k... Probably worth more than that.

Contact Information:

T.R. Wilson
Email: gemcomp@idir.net <mailto:[SMTP:gemcomp@idir.net]>
Phone: (816) 796-9104 although email will probably be better
Car Located in West Central Missouri