Re: POR-15

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>, Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: POR-15
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:58:27 -0400
Folks,

If I remember my metallurgy lectures at university, internal rusting
without air can be caused by air moving over the outside surface of a metal
so that a bolt could be rusted right in deep just by exposing its
head.  And the head need not rust.  It's called anaerobic
rusting.  Slightly different type of rust as one is by oxidation and the
other by electrolysis.  However, I stand to be corrected as metallurgy was
a side subject and was soon forgotten.